Thursday, November 5, 2009

As Samwise says at the end of LOTR, "Well, I'm back." Where have I been? It's hard to explain. Perhaps, Rip Torn explains it best in Defending Your Life:
Daniel Miller: Where were you? I'm just curious.
Bob Diamond: I'd tell you, but you wouldn't understand.
Daniel Miller: Don't treat me like a moron. Try me.
Bob Diamond: I was trapped near the inner circle of thought.

Daniel Miller: I don't understand.
Bob Diamond: I told you...

A lot of you have noticed that I haven't been writing movie reviews for a while. Actually, I haven't written one since Christmas. But I've been seeing movies. I plan to do the new Geoff at the Movies as a blog. I probably can't catch up on all the reviews but I will blog about the best ones. So far, the best of 2009 are, Star Trek, Julie and Julia, The Hurt Locker, Bright Star, Public Enemies, and District 9.



There are lots of good movies coming out between now and Christmas and I'm going to try and keep up. Just saw a great trailer for Invictus. This is the latest movie by the most active director in Hollywood, 79 year-old Clint Eastwood. His list of films and Oscar nominations and wins is amazing. He had two movies last year, Gran Torino (2008), and Changeling (2008). His new film, starring Morgan Freeman (as Nelson Mandela) and Matt Damon, tells the story of how Mandela used the National Rugby Team to help unite South Africa. But first up and opening in Baton Rouge this weekend are A Serious Man, the new Coen Brothers film and Men Who Stare at Goats, a comedy about the CIA which has an amazing cast including George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. More later at Geoff at the Movies....


No comments:

Post a Comment